@mum_im_hungry_'s Rose & Cardamom Meringue Pie
Try this completely vegan Rose and Cardamom Meringue Pie recipe by @mum_im_hungry_ for the perfect treat to bake for tea!
- 50g Crushed Doves Farm Wholemeal Digestive Biscuits
- 200g Wholemeal spelt flour
- 120g Stork spread
- 2-3 tbsp Ice cold water
- 120ml Dairy-free whole milk
- 50g Vegan White Chocolate baking drops/chips
- 1 Pinch powdered cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Agar powder
- 2 Drops Holy Lama Cardamom Spice Drops
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 150ml Water
- 2 tbsp Pink rose syrup
- 3 Drops Holy Lama Rose Spice Drops
- 1/2 tsp Agar powder
- Edible gold glitter
- Rose petals
- 75ml Oggs Aquafaba
- 75g Caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 2-3 Red apple fruit crisps
- Pre-heat oven to 190℃ and grease 8" round pastry tin with Stork spread.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed digestives, flour and Stork (you can combine by hand or in a mixer).
- Add the ice cold water bit by bit until your dough comes together.
- Line the tin with the dough, greaseproof paper and baking beans (if you don't have these, tin foil crushed into balls works well too) and bake for 20 mins, then without the baking beans for a further 20 mins.
- Set aside to cool while you work on the fillings.
- In a pan whisk together the milk, cardamom powder, sugar, Cardamom Spice Drops and agar powder.
- On a medium heat whisk until the sugar and agar have dissolved.
- Once boiling, take off the heat and stir in the white chocolate until combined.
- Let cool slightly (but not enough that it starts to set) and pour into the pastry case.
- In a pan, whisk together the water, rose syrup, Rose Spice Drops, agar powder and heat on a medium heat until the agar dissolves.
- Leave to cool slightly and add the gold glitter and pour into the pastry case on top of the cardamom layer.
- Sprinkle on the rose petals and leave to set.
- Measure out 75ml of Oggs aquafaba and start whipping on a medium setting using a stand mixer.
- Once soft peaks begin to form, add the cream of tartar and whip for a further minute.
- Slowly add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time until fully combined and stiff peaks have formed.
- Pipe the meringue on the pie and blowtorch to get a charred effect.
- Adorn with crushed apple powder by crushing the apple crisps and sprinkling on top.
Original price $7.00 - Original price $7.00Original price$7.00$7.00 - $7.00Current price $7.00In stock
DIRECTIONS FOR USE For best results, use it in the final stages of preparation or just before serving. For drinks, add the drop(s) first in the co...View full detailsOriginal price $7.00 - Original price $7.00Original price$7.00$7.00 - $7.00Current price $7.00
Original price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00In stock
World Food Innovation Awards winner 2015 for best new ingredient. DIRECTIONS FOR USE: For best results, use it in the final stages of preparation o...View full detailsOriginal price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00
Introducing Val Stone's delightful Fig & Pumpkin Spice Jam recipe, where the rich sweetness of figs meets the warm embrace of pumpkin spice. This scrumptious preserve combines the autumnal charm of ripe figs with the comforting notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Val Stone, with her culinary expertise, brings you a harmonious blend of flavours that will elevate your breakfasts and afternoon teas. Get ready to indulge in a taste of the season with this uniquely British twist on a classic jam.Read now