Val Stone's Fig & Pumpkin Spice Jam
Introducing Val Stone's delightful Fig & Pumpkin Spice Jam recipe, where the rich sweetness of figs meets the warm embrace of pumpkin spice. This scrumptious preserve combines the autumnal charm of ripe figs with the comforting notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Val Stone, with her culinary expertise, brings you a harmonious blend of flavours that will elevate your breakfasts and afternoon teas. Get ready to indulge in a taste of the season with this uniquely British twist on a classic jam.
- 1kg Ripe figs, cut into quarters
- 140ml Water
- Zest and juice of one large unwaxed orange
- Zest and juice of an unwaxed lemon
- 450g Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of powdered pectin
- 4 Drops of Pumpkin Spices Spice Drops®
- Place 3 clean jars in the oven on 80C fan for 20 minutes to sterilise them.
- Put the figs in a heavy bottom pan with the water and bring to a simmer allow the figs to simmer for 10 minutes or until the pieces of fruit are soft and juicy.
- Stir the powdered pectin into the sugar until it is well combined and stir into the fig mixture allow the sugar to dissolve and add the orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice and zest.
- Allow to boil for 10 minutes stirring regularly ( I set a timer for 3 minutes then stir ), after 10 minutes, turn the jam down to a slow simmer and test the jam by putting a spoonful onto a cold plate. After 5 minutes if you run your finger across the jam and it doesn’t run back the jam is set. If the jam runs back then bring the jam back to the boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the jam to sit for 10 minutes, pour the jam into the jars, seal with waxed circles seal with lids and label.
Original price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00In stock
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: For best results use Pumpkin Spice Extract in the final stages of preparation or just before serving. For drinks, add the Pumpk...View full detailsOriginal price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00