Chocolate Orange Ice Cream
Orange and Chocolate is a delicious marriage of flavours. A refreshingly delicious treat.
- 8 large egg yolks
- 200g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 500ml whole milk
- Zest of 1 orange, for texture
- 1 x 200g bar dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 6 drops Orange Spice Drops®
- 480ml double cream
6 drops Orange Spice Drops®
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt. Gradually whisk in the whole milk.
- Place the mixture in a medium saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Stir until the custard thickens slightly and evenly coats the back of the spoon. This should take about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the orange zest. Break up the chocolate into small pieces. You could do this by placing the chocolate in a bag and smashing with a rolling pin. Add half of the chocolate into the custard. Stir until melted. Add the Orange Spice Drops®, cover and let it stand for 30 minutes. Pop the saucepan in a bowl of ice cold water to speed up the freezing.
- Stir in the cream and the rest of the chocolate pieces for added texture and crunch. Allow to stand, stirring occasionally, until chilled. Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer the ice cream to a resealable plastic container and freeze until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Original price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00In stock
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: For best results, use in the final stages of preparation or just before serving. For drinks, add the drop(s) first in the co...View full detailsOriginal price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00
Introducing Val Stone's delightful Fig & Pumpkin Spice Jam recipe, where the rich sweetness of figs meets the warm embrace of pumpkin spice. This scrumptious preserve combines the autumnal charm of ripe figs with the comforting notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Val Stone, with her culinary expertise, brings you a harmonious blend of flavours that will elevate your breakfasts and afternoon teas. Get ready to indulge in a taste of the season with this uniquely British twist on a classic jam.Read now