Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipe
This makes a change from pure chocolate brownies with the tangy edge of orange. If you don’t have any oranges, you could use the juice of a couple of satsumas or tangerines.
- 200g butter, softened
- 300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 8-10 drops Orange Zest Spice Drops®
- 3 eggs
- 180-200g caster sugar
- The juice of 1 medium orange
- 100g plain or all-purpose flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°/350°F/gas 4. Line a 24cm x 20cm or 10 inch x 8 inch brownie tin with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, dark chocolate and Orange Spice Drops® in a non-stick saucepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring every now and then, until smooth - take care not to overheat it. Leave to cool down.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale, frothy and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
- Gently stir in the cooled chocolate mixture and the orange juice and continue to whisk. Sift over the flour and cocoa and stir in.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool in the tin, then cut into squares.
Original price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00In stock
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: For best results, use in the final stages of preparation or just before serving. For drinks, add the drop(s) first in the co...View full detailsOriginal price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00
Introducing Val Stone's delightful Fig & Pumpkin Spice Jam recipe, where the rich sweetness of figs meets the warm embrace of pumpkin spice. This scrumptious preserve combines the autumnal charm of ripe figs with the comforting notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Val Stone, with her culinary expertise, brings you a harmonious blend of flavours that will elevate your breakfasts and afternoon teas. Get ready to indulge in a taste of the season with this uniquely British twist on a classic jam.Read now