Cauliflower and almond curry Recipe
- Vegetable or groundnut oil or coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5cm fresh ginger, peeled, diced finely
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- half a pack of creamed coconut
- 5 dried Indian chillies
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 peppercorns or 2 drops of Black Pepper Extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cm nub of fresh turmeric or 1 tbsp of ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 50g flaked almonds
- 1 whole cauliflower, leaves removed, cut into largish florets (not too small)
- Using a deep saute pan or frying pan, add the onions, fry in a little oil, until soft then put aside in a small bowl.
- Do the same with the garlic and ginger, fry briefly, put aside in the same small bowl.
- Boil a kettle and soften the creamed coconut in its plastic bag, in a heatproof jug full of boiled water.
- Using the same frying pan, temper the chillies, mustard seeds, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, turmeric, paprika. Temper is the proper word for briefly frying or toasting these spices to bring out the flavour.
- In your blender or food processor, put the onions, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, creamed coconut, chillies, spices and tamarind paste. Grind until smooth.
- Put the paste back into the deep frying pan.
- You can add the raw cauliflower florets if you don’t mind them a little crunchy in texture but you could also pop a colander over the boiling rice and slightly steam the cauliflower to soften it.
- Then add the cauliflower and almonds to the spice/coconut paste and heat up gently.
- Add water or coconut milk if you want the sauce to be more liquid. Salt to taste.
- Serve with white rice, and a yoghurt and cucumber raitha.
- This curry like all curries, tastes even better the following day.
Original price $33.00 - Original price $33.00Original price$33.00$33.00 - $33.00Current price $33.00Out of stock
DIRECTIONS FOR USE For best results use in the final stages of preparation or just before serving. For drinks, add the drop(s) first in the contain...View full detailsOriginal price $33.00 - Original price $33.00Original price$33.00$33.00 - $33.00Current price $33.00Sold out
Introducing Val Stone's delightful Fig & Pumpkin Spice Jam recipe, where the rich sweetness of figs meets the warm embrace of pumpkin spice. This scrumptious preserve combines the autumnal charm of ripe figs with the comforting notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Val Stone, with her culinary expertise, brings you a harmonious blend of flavours that will elevate your breakfasts and afternoon teas. Get ready to indulge in a taste of the season with this uniquely British twist on a classic jam.Read now