Lemongrass And Ginger Steamed Pudding
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
100g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter, softened
2 large free-range eggs
3 pieces of stem ginger, crushed and finely chopped
6 drops of Lemongrass Spice Drops
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon stem ginger syrup
1) Butter four small ramekins or individual pudding moulds.
2) Mix together the golden syrup and the stem ginger syrup and divide between the pudding moulds.
3) Sieve the flour, baking powder and ground ginger together. Mix with the remaining ingredients until they only just come together: don’t over-beat it or the sponges will be too dense.
4) Spoon the mixture into the pudding moulds over the syrup and gently flatten out. Lay each pudding mould on the centre of a large sheet of foil and bring up the foil over the puddings, twisting at the top to form a loose parcel.
5) Place the puddings in a steamer over a pan of simmering water. Put the lid on the steamer and steam the puddings for 20 minutes, checking that the water doesn’t run dry.
6) Remove the puddings moulds from the steamer and remove the foil carefully. Invert the puddings onto a serving plate. Serve with a little extra syrup and either cream or custard.
Introducing Val Stone's delightful Fig & Pumpkin Spice Jam recipe, where the rich sweetness of figs meets the warm embrace of pumpkin spice. This scrumptious preserve combines the autumnal charm of ripe figs with the comforting notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Val Stone, with her culinary expertise, brings you a harmonious blend of flavours that will elevate your breakfasts and afternoon teas. Get ready to indulge in a taste of the season with this uniquely British twist on a classic jam.Read now