Dry January - Mocktails to Spice Up Your Month!
Dry January is here! Don't miss out on the fun with our selection of Mocktails using Holy Lama Spice Drops.
If you’ve chosen to join the growing number of people attempting to take part in Dry January, you may be dreading the new year a little. After all, how much Soda & Lime can you reasonably stand?
Ok, so there are a lot of decent soft drinks out there, but if your heart sinks at thought of another glass of something fizzy, help is at hand in the shape of a 5ml bottle of Spice Drops®, perfect for adding an instant burst of flavour whenever and wherever you need it.
There are 34 varieties in the Spice Drops® range of highly concentrated extracts of herbs, spices, fruits and flowers, made using natural ingredients with no artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives. Every 5ml bottle contains around 150 drops, and each drop can transform a dull, bland carbonated drink into something special in an instant.
Why not add a couple of drops of Rose Spice Drops® to a glass of lemonade, or maybe try two drops of Cardamom, Cinnamon or even Saffron for a distinctive flavour hit. Liven up a cola with a hint of Ginger or add some Orange, Lime or Lemon Spice Drops® to sparkling water for an authentic sugar free fruit flavoured thirst quencher. The options are endless and experimenting can lead to hours of fun!
Vanilla Grove by @emma_sobersonic (winner of our Mocktail Master Competition)
Ingredients (makes 1)
- 50ml Seedlip Grove 42
- 20ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 10ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Orange zest & peel
- 5ml thick cut Seville marmalade
- 1/2 a stalk of lemongrass
- 3 drops of Vanilla Holy Lama Spice Drops
- Ginger ale (my preference is Double Dutch Drinks)
- Split lemongrass spear lengthwise, shape to a point & set aside.
- Place the discarded pieces (of lemongrass) into a shaker along with the rest of the ingredients (apart from the ginger ale) & shake well with ice.
- Pour into a tumbler over a large cube of ice.
- Top up with the ginger ale (60ml approx)
- Use your lemongrass spear as a sustainable swizzle stick to mix the drink and leave in situ.
- Garnish - Thread a generous piece of orange peel, kaffir leaf & through a sliver of ginger onto a pick. The order is important cos we’re echoing the label
Sugar & Spice by @thegirlwholovesgin
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 60ml Seedlip Grove 42
- 2 drops Holy Lama Orange Zest Spice Drops
- 2 drops Holy Lama Red Chilli Spice Drops
- 2 drops Holy Lama Ginger Spice Drops
- 60ml Blood Orange Juice (freshly squeezed - roughly 1 blood orange)
- 20ml Lime Juice (freshly squeezed - roughly 1 lime)
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- Add the blood orange juice & lime juice to a cocktail shaker without ice and shake vigorously to create "fluffy" juice.
- Add the sugar syrup, Holy Lama Spice Drops & Seedlip & shake again with ice. Pour into a rocks glass/tumbler over ice & garnish with a charred blood orange slice, a slice of red chilli & a slice of ginger.
Thai Blood Orange and Citrus Nojito by Paul Harrison aka @it’s_five_oclock_somewhereuk
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 30ml Seedlip Grove 42 Citrus
- 1 drop of Cardamom Holy Lama Spice Drops
- 1 drop of Lemongrass Holy Lama Spice Drops
- 1 drop of Lemon Zest Holy Lama Spice Drops
- 60ml fresh blood orange juice
- 20ml fresh lime juice
- 20ml simple syrup
- A good handful of torn fresh mint leaves
- Fever tree soda water to top up
- Blood orange chunks
- Lime chunks
- In a long glass add the torn mint, all three Holy Lama Spice Drop flavours, simple syrup and the fresh blood orange and lime juice.
- Give it all a good muddle.
- Add the Seedlip Grove 42 citrus.
- Half fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Give everthing a good stir.
- Fill the rest of the glass with the blood orange chunks, lime chunks and more crushed ice.
- Top up with the Fevertree soda water.
- Add a little more crushed ice and garnish with the half wheel of blood orange and the spring of mint
Chai Apple Sour by @drink.with.jev
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 50 ml Seedlip Grove 42
- 20 ml honey
- 25 ml cloudy apple juice
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 2 Holy Lama Chai Spice Drops
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and dry shake (without ice)
- Second shake wet (with ice)
- Double strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a few drops of angostura bitters on top of the foam.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Juice of 1 grapefruit
- 1-2 tsp. of honey, agave or sugar syrup
- Sparkling water
- 2 drops Mint Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Peppermint Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Lemongrass Spice Drops®
- Mix all four juices together in a jug.
- Add the honey, agave syrup or the sugar syrup, and the Spice Drops® and mix well.
- Mix with the same volume of sparkling water
- Garnish with some slices of cucumber and a sprig of fresh mint.
Iced Mint Tea
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of clear honey or more if a sweeter taste is preferred
- 3 drops Peppermint Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Mint Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Lemongrass Spice Drops®
- Preparation: Make a large pot of strong black tea, equivalent to 8 cups (loose tea leaves give a better taste and to make a good brew). Use 1 tablespoon of tea leaves per 200 ml of water; teabag can alternatively be used as well.
- Leave to steep in the pot for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain to remove tea leaves and let the brewed tea cool down slightly before adding the juices.
- Add the juice of lemons and limes, honey, all the Spice Drops® and stir well.
- Add ice in a jug and transfer the prepared mint tea into it. Garnishe with fresh mint and slices of lime.
So, go ahead, face Dry January with confidence and let Spice Drops® transform your drinks and booze free experiences this new year!
Spice Drops® are available online from www.holylama.co.uk, Amazon, Ocado, and selected WholeFood Market stores. Bottles retail from around £5.50.
The complete Spice Drop range comprises:
Asafoetida*, Cardamom**, Chai Spices**, Cinnamon**, Clove*, Coriander Seed*, Cumin Seed*, Fennel Seed Garam Masala Spices**, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass**, Lime Zest, Lovage Seed, Mace*, Mint, Mulling Spices – seasonal**, Nutmeg, Orange**, Oregano, Paprika Pepper*, Peppermint*, Red Chilli Rose*, Rosemary, Saffron*, Saffron & Spices, Sage, Tikka Masala ,Tulsi*, Turmeric, Vanilla*
Awarded Great Taste Award: *one gold star winner and ** two gold star winners
If you’re thinking of joining the Veganuary movement this year but are worried by rumours that vegan food can be bland, Holy Lama Spice Drops are here to allay that fear; these aromatic natural drops add instant, intense flavour to any recipe, simultaneously removing the need for heavy salty seasoning.Read now