Carrot and cumin soup with ginger
TOTAL PREP TIME: 5 MINS
This is a moorish soup which beautifully combines the flavour of cumin and carrot with the sharpness of ginger.
- Heat the butter or oil and gently cook the onions until they turn pink.
- Add the carrots and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the stock and cook for 25 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Blend the soup into a smooth texture. Add salt to taste.
- Infuse 4 tsps. yogurt with Cumin Spice Drops® and Ginger Spice Drops®.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and add in 1 tsp. of the infused yogurt into each bowl and stir through. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and croutons.
RECIPES THAT ALSO USE CUMIN SEED, GINGER
- CARROT AND GINGER SOUP
- Citrusy Spicy PRAWN skewers
- Cooked Chilli Salsa
- Spicy Avocado Salsa
- Spiced Scrambled Egg
- Chicken Masala with Chick Peas and Rocket Recipe
- Ginger Sour Fizz Cocktail
- Saag Aloo Recipe
- Cardamom, Ginger & Cinnamon Banana Bread Recipe by Ren Behan
- Griddled Lamb Chops with Spiced Chickpeas by Ren Behan