A traditional dish with a difference. Lovage seed is a great spice that is believed to help with digestion. Enjoy these Yorkshire pudding so full of the flavoursome spice.
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 175ml whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 drops Lovage Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Red Chilli Spice Drops®
- A few washed and chopped coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/440°F/gas mark 8.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon oil Into each hole of a Yorkshire pudding tray and place into the oven to heat.
- For the batter, add the plain flour into a bowl and beat in the eggs one at a time, until smooth. Gradually add the milk and carry on beating until the mixture is without any lumps.
- Season with salt and add the wholegrain mustard along with the Lovage Spice Drops® and the Red Chilli Spice Drops®. Add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Pour the batter into a jug and keep it ready to pour into the heated tray.
- Remove the hot tray from the oven. Carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes filling about 1/2 the hole.
- Place the tray back in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the puddings have puffed up and browned.
- Serve them immediately or cool them and freeze for up to 1 month.