This is a traditional Indian pudding made at most special occasions and festivals in India. The saffron, cardamom and nutmeg gives it a beautiful flavour and will remind you of India.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the broken vermicelli and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Pour in the milk and cook the vermicelli, stirring continuously till the milk starts to boil. Reduce the heat.
- Once the vermicelli becomes soft add the condensed milk and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, continuously stirring the mixture.
- Turn off the heat and add the Spice Drops®. Mix well. If the kheer seems too thick, add a bit of milk
- Garnish with the almond and pistachio flakes and serve.