Add the citrusy and gently woody flavour of lemon grass to noodle soup.
- 2 tbsps. oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped finely
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped finely
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g rice noodles or cellophane noodles
- 4 drops Turmeric Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Lemongrass Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Cumin Spice Drops®
- 10 drops Garlic Spice Drops®
- Immerse the rice noodles in hot water and set them aside to soften.
- Pour one tbsp. of oil in a pan over a high heat. Add the chopped pepper and tomatoes and let them cook until soft. Place them in a food processor or use a hand blender and blend to a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Heat one tbsp. of oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the spring onions and finely chopped pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, coconut milk and the tomato and pepper puree.
- Drain water from the noodles and add these to the wok.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
Whilst the dish simmers, infuse 1 tbsp. oil with all the Spice Drops®. Pour this oil infusion into the noodles soup and stir it in. Turn off the heat and serve the fresh and tasty Thai noodle soup in deep bowls.