Rich in protein and this easy to make dal; tastes gorgeous with rice or naan bread
- Bring 500ml water to boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the lentils and return the water to boil. Partially cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes until the mixture becomes thick. Take care that the lentils do not burn. Top up with extra boiled water if necessary.
- Melt the butter or add the oil in another pan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion and chilli for 7-9 minutes until golden brown. Add the cooked lentils and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Season with the salt and add all the Spice Drops® and mix well. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapattis or plain Basmati rice.