A very healthy breakfast or enjoy it as a snack even. Syn free when using Oats as part of your HEXB allowance.
- 40gms porridge oats
- 3-4 tablespoons fat free plain yogurt (or more if you prefer)
- 1-2 Drops of Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1 chopped apple
- A handful of washed blueberries
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, yogurt, Spice Drops® and Sweetener, if using.
- Mix the carrot with the oats.
- In a Mason jar, layer the oats and chopped apple.
- Refrigerate and eat as a breakfast or snack.
- Cook the oats, the traditional way, in a pot or a microwave using milk from your HEXA allowance together with the shredded carrot and add the Spice Drops® once cooked. Top with crunchy apple slices for a warm breakfast.
Omit the carrots and add slices of banana and replace the Cinnamon with Nutmeg or Vanilla Spice Drops®.