Brussels sprouts never tasted this good!
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp brown or black mustard seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed powder
- 500g Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, washed and
- finely shredded
- 4 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Garlic Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Turmeric Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Cumin Seed Spice Drops®
- 2-3 drops Red Chilli Spice Drops®
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or sunflower oil
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan till it smokes then add 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and lower the heat so that they don’t burn. Add the onion and fry on low heat till lightly browned.
- Add the salt, pepper and ground coriander and mix well.
- Tip in the Brussels sprouts and cook for about a minute.
- Mix in about 2 tbsp of water. Continue to cook on a low heat for 8-9 minutes. Stir occasionally until the Brussels sprouts are just tender but have a bit of a bite. Stir in all the Spice Drops® and butter or oil and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Garnish with cranberries and chopped coriander leaves. Optionally, sprinkle roasted coconut shavings as a crunchy and delicious topping.