This is an easy to make recipe with left over bananas. Delicious and filling.
- 150 g soft, room temperature butter
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 drops Cardamom Drops®
- 2 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 bananas (over-ripe, mashed)
- 115 g Greek yogurt (plain, or with honey works well)
- 50 g unsalted, pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Line the four mini loaf tins with a small piece of baking paper
- Place the butter into a large bowl with the sugar, beat with an electric whisk for 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one by one, and then drop in the Spice Drops®. Mix again – the mixture may split a little.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add the salt. Using a metal tablespoon, mix everything together until all the flour is incorporated.
- Add the mashed bananas and Greek yogurt, mix well again.
- Divide the mixture equally into the four tins. Sprinkle over the chopped pistachio kernels.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaves.
- Remove the tins from the oven, leave to cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Notes: you can make this in a large, 1lb loaf tin. Bake for one hour and check that the banana bread is cooked through to the middle.
These will keep well in a tin for up to 3 days.