A delicious recipe to make on a barbecue or lightly sauté in a pan.
- 350g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 8 drops Cumin Seed Spice Drops®
- 8 drops Cardamom Spice Drops®
- 8 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 6 drops of Red Chilli Spice Drops® (adjust as per taste)
- 6 drops Nutmeg Spice Drops®
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 4 tbsp washed and chopped coriander leaves
- 30g gram flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter or sunflower oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Begin by soaking 6 wooden skewers in a bowl of water. This will prevent them from burning when cooking.
- In a large bowl add the minced chicken, salt, onion, garlic and ginger paste.
- Add all the Spice Drops® one by one, the fenugreek leaves, if using, and mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and gram flour and mix well.
- Keep a bowl of water ready by your side to wet your hands while binding the kebab mixture on the skewers.
- Take the kebab mixture and fold it around skewers using your hand pressing it into a sausage-like shape. You will find it easier to shape if you dip your fingers in the water to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the skewers.
- Grease a heavy-based pan with the butter or oil. Place the kebabs in the pan, polishing them with a little butter on top and cook covered. Maintain the heat on low to medium.
- Cook the kebabs for 20 minutes or until they are browned on all sides. Turn occasionally, to ensure even cooking and browning.
- Once cooked, squeeze the lemon juice on the kebabs and serve with a mint and yogurt chutney. You can also cook these kebabs on a barbecue grill using metal skewers. Baste occasionally with oil while cooking. Serve hot.