This is one of those desserts that will sit beautifully in a fine dining restaurant menu and yet it is so simple and easy to make.
- 30g + 20g unsalted butter
- 1 medium sized fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into small pieces or cubes
- 2 tsp. caster sugar
- 100 ml pineapple juice
- 6 drops Black Pepper Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Mint Spice Drops®
- Crème fraîche or thick yogurt
- Sprig of fresh mint, to garnish
- Place a non-stick pan on a low heat and add 30g of butter. When the butter has melted, add the pineapple pieces and allow them to cook until they start to turn brown. Turn them frequently so as not to burn them. When they are a good golden brown, transfer the pineapple pieces to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Take another pan and add the 20g butter, sugar and the pineapple juice. When the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer until it starts to thicken slightly.
- Take the pan off the heat and mix in the Spice Drops®. Divide the pineapple pieces between 4 – 6 plates and pour a little of the syrup over them.
- Serve with crème fraîche or thick yogurt. Garnish with the mint sprig.