Cool and calming flavours of rose and cardamom make these biscuits popular with kids and adults alike.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170C fan /375°F/gas 5. Line baking trays with greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
- Heat the sugar with 4 tablespoons of water in a small pan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves and no more. Set aside to cool down.
- Add the Rose Spice Drops® once the sugar syrup has cooled down.
- Place the egg yolks, butter, oil, Cardamom Spice Drops® and rice flour in a large bowl and beat until evenly blended. Gradually add the sugar syrup, beating
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a 1cm/ 1/2 inch nozzle and pipe 5cm/ 2.5 inch spirals, 2cm/ 1 inch apart on the baking trays.
- Sprinkle the mixture lightly with poppy seeds and bake on the bottom shelf for 12-14 minutes or until the biscuits turn slightly golden.
- Remove the trays from the oven and set aside until the biscuits have cooled down. Great with an afternoon tea or with desserts.