Delicious roasted root vegetables both sweet and spicy. You must try this recipe to experience first-hand how good it is.
- 500g butternut squash, washed and cut into wedges
- 500g parsnips, peeled and cut into halves
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Pepper Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Clove Spice Drops®
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- A few pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/gas mark 6.
- Arrange the squash and parsnips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, add the butter. Wait until the butter starts to turn a light brown colour.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour half of the butter over the squash and parsnips. Reserve the rest of the butter.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the brown sugar and maple syrup and season with the salt.
- Put the tray in the centre of the oven and bake undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Put the Ginger, Cinnamon, Pepper and Clove Spice Drops® in the orange juice. Mix well and drizzle over the vegetables.
- Put the vegetables back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Melt the remaining butter.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove from the oven and drizzle with the butter.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with the pumpkin seeds and serve.