A healthy twist to the usual pulao rice with lots of vegetables and aromatic spices.
- 250 g of quinoa
- 500 ml warm water
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 tbsps. oil
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds
- 4 drops Clove Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Cardamom Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Pepper Spice Drops®
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger,
- 250 g mixed frozen vegetables (carrot, beans, cauliflower)
- 2 tbsps. coriander leaves (optional) and Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, preferably non-stick.
- Add the cumin seeds and once they start to crackle, add the chopped onions.
- Fry until the onion turns soft and then add the ginger and garlic. Sauté for 2 mins or until the aroma of fried garlic comes through.
- Add the vegetables along with the fresh coriander. Stir and leave covered for 4-5 mins until the vegetables are slightly cooked but still have a bit of a crunch.
- Stir in the quinoa into the pan. Add water, salt to taste and bring to boil.
- Then lower the heat to simmer and cover to cook for about 5 mins. Ensure heat is low to prevent the quinoa from sticking to the pan.
- Once the quinoa is fluffed up and cooked, add in all the Spice Drops®. Mix well to get an even blend of all the flavours. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.