Paneer is the vegetarian option for barbecued meat style dishes and works well with spice. This recipe is a northern Indian preparation which is generally prepared in a clay oven but comes out just as tasty under the grill.
For the marinade:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g coriander leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 4 green chillies, coarsely chopped
- 4 drops Fennel Spice Drops®
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 500g paneer, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 red onions, cut into pieces, for garnish
- Put all the ingredients for the marinade into a blender and grind until smooth.
- Place the marinade in a bowl and mix well. Add the paneer pieces and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Thread the skewers with the paneer. Brush the tikkas with the butter and place under a grill for 6 to 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with the chopped red onion and a chutney of your choice.