Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is often used by vegetarians as a substitute for meat. Paneer is rich in protein. This is a popular dish made in most Indian restaurants.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g paneer, cut into cubes
- 2 medium-sized onions, pureed (using a hand blender
- or mini-chopper)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 4 fresh tomatoes, pureed or half a 450g can of
- chopped tomatoes
- 250g peas, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 drops Coriander Seed Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Red Chilli Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Turmeric Spice Drops®
- 4-5 drops of Garam Masala Spice Drops®
- 3 drops of Cumin Seed Spice Drops®
- A few washed coriander leaves, for garnish
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil into a pan and heat.
- Tip in the paneer and sauté on low heat.
- Remove the paneer from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of the oil and tip in the onion puree, garlic and ginger to the pan and sauté on low heat until the mixture starts to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté until oil droplets start to appear on the top of the sauce.
- Return the paneer cubes to the pan and mix in the peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of water. Cook on a low heat for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the Spice Drops® and mix well. Turn off the heat and leave covered for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves. Enjoy with naan bread.