Spice Drops® are ideal for creating quick and easy marinades. The fennel in the Mulling Spices Spice Drops® beautifully enhances the flavour of the fish.
- 2 salmon fillets (150g each), skin on
- 4 drops Mulling Spices Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Pepper Spice Drops®
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger, sliced thinly
- Place the salmon fillets with the skin on a plate suitable for marinating.
- Mix the Spice Drops® with half of the lemon juice in a small jug or ramekin.
- With clean hands, rub the marinade lightly on both sides of the fillets. Then rub the salt on to the fillets.
- Cover the plate and put the salmon in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add the oil to a frying pan on low flame. Sauté the garlic and ginger slices.
- Place the marinated fillets, skin side down, into the pan. Fry for 3 minutes until crisp. Flip the fillets over, lower the heat and cook for 3 minutes more until the skin is crispy and brown.
- Serve warm with the remaining lemon juice.