Oh yes! Here’s a grown up festive dessert which you really don’t have to wait for Christmas to make and enjoy. A delicious twist to a popular traditional pudding.
- 8 sheets of leaf gelatin
- 12 g sachet of raspberry jelly crystals
- 4 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Clove Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Cardamom Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Orange Spice Drops®
- 4 tsp caster or granulated sugar
- 100 ml red wine
- 400g mixed berries, thawed if frozen
- 200g Madeira cake, cut into cubes
For The Topping
- 400 g ready custard
- 500 g fromage frais
- 4 drops Cardamom Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Vanilla Spice Drops®
- Hundreds and thousands for decorating
- Put the gelatine sheets into a bowl of cold water and leave until softened. Stir the jelly crystals into 300ml of boiling water and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the red wine Ginger, Cinnamon, Orange and Clove Spice Drops® and sugar. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatin sheets and put the sheets into a large bowl.
- Add the wine mixture onto the gelatin sheets then add the jelly mixture, stir well and leave to cool.
- Arrange the mixed berries and the cake pieces into a large glass serving bowl and pour in enough of the cooled jelly mixture to cover about two-thirds of the bowl, leaving room for the custard and fromage frais.
- Chill for at least 5 hours or overnight, so that the jelly sets well. In a bowl mix the Cardamom Spice Drops® into the custard and stir well.
- Spoon the custard over the set jelly, then whisk together the fromage frais and Vanilla Spice Drops® and spoon on top of the custard layer.
- Scatter the edible decorations on top, before serving, to give it a festive touch.