These delicious melt-in-the-mouth minced pie muffins are a delightful take on the Christmas classic.
For the muffins:
- 175g butter, softened
- 175g soft light brown muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100ml buttermilk
- 8 drops Mulling Spices Spice Drops®
- 150g mincemeat
- 2 tbsp icing or confectioner’s sugar, to taste
For the icing
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp. brandy
- 6 drops Clove Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Cardamom Spice Drops®
- Silver balls for decorating
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar, to taste
- a few washed redcurrants, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Line muffin tins with paper cases.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing continuously. The mixture might look split at this stage, but that is alright.
- Fold in the flour and mix. Add the buttermilk and beat well. Add the Mulling Spices Spice Drops® and stir once again.
- Place a spoonful of the cake mix into each paper case. Spoon a rounded teaspoon full of mincemeat over the mixture and cover with another spoonful of the cake mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. While the muffins are cooling, prepare the icing.
- For the icing: whip the cream and brandy together till it makes soft peaks. Mix in the Clove and Cardamom Spice Drops®.
To decorate, pipe the cream mixture and make swirls on the muffins and decorate with silver sugar balls, icing sugar and redcurrants to give a festive touch.