For the pannacotta
- 1 ½ gelatine leaves
- 165 ml whole milk
- 165 ml double cream
- 55g caster sugar (plain)
- 4 drops of ‘Spice Drops’ lemongrass
For the topping
- Fresh mango slices
- Mango jam – ‘Single Variety’
Amareti biscuits to serve
- Place gelatine leaves in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for at least 2 minutes to allow time to soften the leaves.
- Put the sugar, milk and cream in a medium sized pan and heat gently stirring and bring the liquid to the boil. Immediately, remove pan from heat before it over boils over.
- Add 4 drops of ‘Spice Drops’ lemongrass, stir.
- Remove gelatine from cold water and squeeze excess water out before adding the leaves to the pan. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture via a sieve into a measuring jug to ensure all the gelatine has dissolved.
- Take two ramekins or glasses and pour the liquid into each evenly.
- Cover with cling film and place in a refrigerator for 2-6 hours to set.
- Place a tablespoon of ‘Single Variety’ mango jam in centre of each dish and surround with chopped fresh mango.
- Add crunchy biscuit of your choice such as Amareti.