Rich and creamy ice cream flavoured delicately with authentic spices. This summer, cool down with this delicious dessert.
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cornflour or cornstarch
- 200ml evaporated milk
- 200ml condensed milk
- 200g double cream
- 150g ground almonds
- 6 drops Saffron and Spices Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Cardamom Spice Drops®
- 8-10 almonds, blanched and cut into thin slices
- In a bowl, mix the 2 tbsp milk and the cornflour.
- In a saucepan, heat the evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Add in the condensed milk, double cream, ground almonds and the cornflour and milk mixture and stir well for one minute, on a low heat.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Once the mixture has cooled down, add the Spice Drops®.
- Place the mixture in a food processor or use a hand blender and blend for a couple of minutes to smooth out any lumps. Grease 4 ramekins or kulfi moulds, if you have them, and divide the blanched almonds into each mould. Put the mixture on top and freeze for at least 6 hours. Take out of the freezer for about 5 minutes before serving and dip the moulds briefly in hot water to easily remove the ice cream.
Use other Spice Drops® from the range like Rose or Saffron. Add pistachios, some green food colouring and cashews to give texture, colour and crunch to this fantastic ice cream.