A lovely salad dressing that be added to many different salads. A tasty and healthy option is this stir fry hot salad. Use tofu for a vegan option.
- Mixed salad leaves: crispy lettuce, rocket, spinach, chard, fresh coriander leaves – enough to fill a one litre bowl per person
- 1/2 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cucumber, cut into bite chunks
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 10 green grapes, cut in half (remove seeds if present)
- 1/4 red pepper, sliced or cut into 1 in chunks (remove seeds and white membrane)
- a few coriander leaves, washed and coarsely chopped 1 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 1/2 pack firm tofu / 125g cooked chicken / 125g cooked prawns
- 2 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Lemongrass Spice Drops®
- 1 drop Chilli Spice Drops®
FOR THE DRESSING:
1. Mix all the salad leaves, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, grapes, red pepper and coriander leaves together and place on a serving plate.
2. Place all the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake vigorously to blend.
3. Place the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Heat gently. Add the Lemongrass, Ginger and Red Chilli Spice Drops® and mix.
4. Add the tofu/chicken/prawns and toss for 2-3 minutes. Do not allow to burn. Remove the ingredients from the pan and reserve in a warm place.
5. Add the dressing to the same pan and gently warm through. Pour the warmed dressing into a jug.
6. Scatter the tofu/chicken/prawns on the prepared salad.
7. Just before eating, add the warm dressing and mix. Serve immediately.
For a dinner party, you can put the dressing into individual mini jugs and invite guests to add their dressing just before they eat.