A salad can be had any time of the year with the right sort of dressing. Add a few carefully chosen spices to make it a lovely, warming salad.
- 2 tsp English or French mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 100ml sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 20ml sesame oil
- 1 dessert spoon clear honey
- 5 drops Pepper Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Garlic Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Lemongrass Spice Drops®
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
FOR A WARM CHICKEN SALAD:
- Salad leaves, like rocket, spinach, watercress and
- Baby Gem lettuce, washed
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled or grilled and shredded
- 100g seedless grapes, halved
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- Blend the mustard and vinegar until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend with a hand blender to make a smooth drizzle. The salad dressing is now ready.
Preparation of dish:
- Place leaves in a dish. Add shredded chicken on top. Add the grapes.
- Heat dressing in microwave for 20 seconds or until warm but not boiling. Pour dressing over salad and serve immediately.