A delicious recipe rich in protein, perfect for a quick healthy meal.
FOR THE LAMB:
- For the lamb:
- 6 lamb chops
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
- 4 drops Garam Masala Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Turmeric Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Black Pepper Spice Drops®
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil or spray
FOR THE SPICED CHICKPEAS:
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 large courgette or zucchini, washed and cubed
- 100g baby tomatoes
- 2 drops Turmeric Spice Drops® or Saffron Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Cumin Seed Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Garam Masala Spice Drops
- 60ml water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tin cooked chickpeas (225g), drained
- A small handful, washed and chopped coriander leaves
- In a bowl large enough to hold the lamb chops, mix the yogurt with the Garam Masala, Turmeric and Black Pepper Spice Drops®. Coat the lamb chops with the yogurt and add the salt. Cover the bowl and leave to marinate in the fridge for up to an hour.
- Heat a large griddle pan and add the oil or spray the oil.
- Take the lamb chops out of the fridge and once the pan is very hot, carefully place the lamb chops into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and coloured. Remove from the pan, using cooking tongs, and place them on a plate to rest.
Cover with foil and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the oil.
- Tip in the onion and cook on a gentle heat for 4 minutes until soft and slightly coloured.
- Add the courgette or zucchini and baby tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drop in the Spice Drops® and add the water or stock. Stir well.
- Add the drained chickpeas and stir again. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, so that the chickpeas are warmed through.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves on the spiced chickpeas and serve with the lamb chops straight away.