A lovely summery soup with the refreshing flavours of mint and peppermint.
For the soup:
- 400g cucumber, washed but not peeled
- 1 medium potato, peeled (100g)
- 4-5 good-sized spring onions, washed
- 1 medium Cos lettuce or 3-4 Baby Gem, washed
- 1 generous tsp butter (use olive oil for Vegan option)
- 850ml vegetable stock (can be made from stock cubes)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. If using vegetable stock cubes, omit the salt and adjust seasoning at the end of cooking.
For the garnish:
- Chop the cucumber and potato into chunks. Slice the spring onions (including the green part). Roughly tear the lettuce into small pieces.
- Take medium-sized saucepan, add the butter and melt on low heat. Stir in the prepared vegetables and cover with a lid.
- Allow the vegetables to cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and season with pepper. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes. Place the lid back on and turn the heat to a low setting. Simmer for another 20 minutes or until the potato is cooked through. Remove from the heat and using a hand blender, purée the soup until it is smooth.
- Sieve the soup to create a creamier texture. (Optional)
- Blend the crème fraîche, cream, very thick yogurt or oil with the Peppermint Spice Drops® and the Mint Spice Drops®.
- Serve the soup hot or cold. Add a large tablespoon of the blended mixture just before serving.