Shrikhand is western India’s most popular sweet offering. It is a traditional dessert made with Greek style yogurt to obtain a luscious and glossy base for fruit and nuts.
- 500g full fat natural or Greek yogurt
- 10 -15 drops of Saffron and spices Spice Drops®
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- Pistachios shelled and crushed, almonds blanched and crushed.
- Put the yogurt into a fine-mesh nylon sieve or a colander lined with a fine muslin cloth.
- Place the sieve in a large bowl, cover with lid or cloth and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight to allow the excess liquidto drain
- Place the yogurt, Spice Drops® and castor sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Garnish with the pistachio nuts and almonds.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve