Intro: These citrusy and spicy cookies are just fantastic! And such a great way of introducing spices to kids too.
- 225 g butter, softened
- 175 g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 drops Vanilla Spice Drops®
- 8 drops Orange Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Clove Spice drops®
- 6 drops Nutmeg Spice drops®
- juice of 2 clementines
- 400g plain or all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and all the Spice Drops® and mix until combined well.
- Add in the clementine juice and the flour and mix well to combine all the ingredients into a smooth dough.
- Take a handful of the dough, roll into a log and cut out thin slices about 1cm/ 1/2 inch thick. Place the slices onto ungreased cooking sheets or baking trays. Sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just begin to brown.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.