The fragrance of cinnamon harks the festive season. This recipe conjures up Christmas in just a few drops and is easy to prepare with any dried fruit in your store cupboard.
MAKES: Approximately 24
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Dust the surface with flour and roll out the pastry to a rectangle measuring about 30cm 40cm or 12 inch x 16 inch.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, Vanilla Spice Drops® and Cinnamon Spice Drops® in a bowl.
- Dip a pastry brush into the butter mixture and spread over the pastry. Scatter with the currants or raisins, then roll the rectangle from the short side to make a sausage shape. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to make the roll firm and to make it easier to cut into rounds.
- With a serrated knife cut into 16 round slices about 2.5cm/ 1 inch thick. Lay them flat-side down on a baking sheet and press them slightly so they spread out a little. You could chill them again for 10 more minutes.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden and puffed up.