A delicious roll with the robust and sweet flavours of cinnamon and vanilla, served commonly in Northern Europe and North America. A lovely start to the day as breakfast or mid-afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of tea.
- 1 roll of puff pastry
For the filling:
- 100g Demerara sugar
- 8 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 40g unsalted butter
For the icing:
- 100 g cream cheese, softened
- 100g icing or confectioner’s sugar
- 6 drops Vanilla Spice Drops®
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Filling and Assembly:
- In a small bowl, put in the sugar, Cinnamon Spice Drops® and butter and mix well. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350°F/gas 4.
- Open out the chilled pastry on a flat surface and spread the filling on the pastry, evenly.
- Start rolling up the pastry from the two short sides, simultaneously, until they meet in the middle like a scroll.
- Cut the roll into 16 slices. Pinch the ‘v’ part of the cut pieces to given them a heart shape.
- Place onto a lined or greased baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden brown. Allow to cool.
FOR THE FROSTING:
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Then add the icing sugar and Vanilla Spice Drops® and beat until smooth. Drizzle over or use a piping bag to decorate the baked hearts.
- Dust over with some cocoa powder.
- These are best eaten on the day they are baked. If you wish to enjoy them the next day, warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.