A beautiful traditional cake recipe, rich with delicious Christmas spices.
MAKES: 6 x mini Bundt cakes (I used a 6-cup mini fluted pan)
- Cake release spray
- 150g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 drops Orange Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Nutmeg Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 200g self-raising flour
- 115g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp whole milk
FOR THE MULLED SPICE ICING
- 4 tbsp icing or confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp water
- Mulled Spices Spice Drops®
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Spray the bundt tin moulds well with cake released spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl and then add the eggs and mix. Tip in Orange, Nutmeg and Cinnamon Spice Drops® and mix again. Add the flour, yogurt and milk and continue to mix until all the batter ingredients are well combined.
- Carefully spoon the cake mixture into the moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes and check that the cakes are cooked through by inserting a metal skewer into the cakes. Leave them to cool in the tin and then gently remove each individual cake.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar, water and Mulled Spices Spice Drops®. Drizzle the icing over the cakes and sprinkle with coloured sugar or sprinkles, if using.