Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipe
TOTAL PREP TIME: 20 MINS
This makes a change from pure chocolate brownies with the tangy edge of orange. If you don’t have any oranges, you could use the juice of a couple of satsumas or tangerines.
Makes 12-16 squares
- 200g butter, softened
- 300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 8-10 drops Orange Spice Drops®
- 3 eggs
- 180-200g caster sugar
- The juice of 1 medium orange
- 100g plain or all-purpose flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°/350°F/gas 4. Line a 24cm x 20cm or 10 inch x 8 inch brownie tin with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, dark chocolate and Orange Spice Drops® in a non-stick saucepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring every now and then, until smooth – take care not to overheat it. Leave to cool down.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale, frothy and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
- Gently stir in the cooled chocolate mixture and the orange juice and continue to whisk. Sift over the flour and cocoa and stir in.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool in the tin, then cut into squares.
RECIPES THAT ALSO USE ORANGE
- Spicy Response to the Problem of Oxalates
- Ginger and Orange Salmon Parcels Ginger (Syns Counted)
- MULLED WINE WITH WHISKEY
- Chocolate Dipped Glace Oranges Recipe
- Citrusy Spicy PRAWN skewers
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream
- Citrus Spritz Cocktail
- Christmas Bundt Cakes with Orange, Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipe
- Mulled wine
- Clementine and Clove Cookies