Recipe by Jane Arschavir
- 2 oranges, fairly finely sliced
- 1 mug of caster sugar
- 1 mug of boiling water (add more if required)
- 8 drops of Spice Drops Orange Zest Extract
- 150g good quality dark chocolate
- In a sauté pan gently warm the water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add your
Spice Drops Orange Zest Extract and put your slices of orange in the pan.
- Gently poach the orange slices for around an hour or so with the lid off the pan. Make sure you turn them over every 15 minutes or so. You want the oranges to go translucent; once they do, they’re ready.
- Carefully lay your orange slices on a cooling rack (make sure you put some paper towel underneath to catch any drips) and leave to cool and solidify overnight.
- When the glace oranges have dried and set, melt your chocolate in a bain marie until it’s smooth and silky. Dip your slices in the melted chocolate and leave to set for an hour or so. Enjoy with a cup of good coffee.
Note: If you want to really boost the orange flavour in this treat, add 4 drops of Spice Drops
Orange Zest Extract to the chocolate as you melt it.