Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein. Here is a quick and easy curry to enjoy any time of the year.
- 2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 2 tomatoes, blended
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 x 450g tin chickpeas, drained
- 100ml water
- 3 drops Turmeric Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Red Chilli Spice Drops®
- 4-5 drops Garam Masala Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Cumin Seed Spice Drops®
- 2 spring onions, washed and chopped
- Put the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic on low heat until the onion starts to brown.
- Then tip in the ginger and mix.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a low heat stirring from time to time, until oil droplets appear on the top of the mixture.
- Mix in the salt and the chickpeas and cook for a minute. Then add the water. Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Tip in the Spice Drops® and mix well. Turn off the heat and leave covered for 2 minutes. Garnish with the spring onions.
- Serve hot with naan bread or steamed Basmati rice.