This makes a great party food and looks impressive on the buffet table. If you don’t have any yogurt, you could use single or double cream instead.
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- into approx. 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 8-10 drops Tikka Masala Spice Drops®
- 2-4 drops Paprika Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Black Pepper Spice Drops®
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- A little sunflower oil, for brushing
For the Garlic and Chilli Mayonnaise
- Mix all the ingredients, except the chicken pieces, together in a large bowl. Then add the chicken pieces and stir until they are well coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4, or heat the grill to medium.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 15minutes, while the oven is heating.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers, then place directly on to the oven shelves or under the grill and cook, turning and brushing with oil at least once, for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To check that the chicken is cooked, cut one piece – the juices should run clear. If not, cook for a few minutes more, then check again.
- To make the garlic and chilli mayo, place the mayonnaise in a bowl and add the Garlic and Red Chilli Spice Drops®. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve with the Chicken Tikka Skewers.