A traditional Sunday roast or a festive roast can be transformed with this blend of spices and herbs. You can also make this recipe with a turkey or why not try a whole cauliflower roast?
For the chicken
- 2.5kg whole chicken
- 4 tbsps. natural set yoghurt
- 4 tbsps. single cream
- 6 drops Paprika Spice Drops®
- 8 drops Garam masala Spice Drops®
- 6-8 drops Chilli Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Turmeric Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Cumin Seed Spice Drops®
- 10 drops Garlic Spice Drops®
- 6 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 4 tbsps. lemon juice
- 2 tbsps. sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps. tomato purée
- Prick the chicken all over.
- Mix the yogurt and cream and beat it lightly to smoothen the lumps.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients into a smooth paste and rub the marinade generously all over the chicken skin and also under the skin where you can.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tin and cover with foil. Roast in the centre of the oven for the first 20 mins.
- Then, baste with the juices collected in the tray. This will keep the chicken moist.
- Reduce the temperature to 180°C/Gas 4 and cook for a further 1 hour 40 mins, basting with the juices a couple of times more.
- For the last 15 minutes remove the foil to brown the skin to a nice golden colour.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and leave in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes.
Tip: Add 2-3 drops of the Garam Masala Spice Drops® in an atomiser with either 2 tbsps. water or 2 tbsps. oil and spray on the chicken just before serving. The lovely spicy aromas will leave everybody’s mouthwatering!
Makes a great centre piece for your Christmas roast.