This is an easy to make recipe with left over bananas. Delicious and filling..
- 150g butter, softened
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 drops Cardamom Spice Drops®
- 2 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 3 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda or baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 115g Greek yogurt (plain or with honey)
- 50g unsalted pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Line the four mini loaf tins with a small piece of baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter into a large bowl with the sugar, beat with an electric whisk for 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one by one, and then drop in the Spice Drops®. Mix again – the mixture may split a little.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add the salt. Using a metal tablespoon, mix everything together until all the flour is incorporated.
- Add the mashed bananas and Greek yogurt, mix well again.
- Divide the mixture equally into the four tins. Sprinkle over the chopped pistachio kernels.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaves.
- Remove the tins from the oven, leave to cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving. These will keep well in a tin for up 3 days.
You can make this in a large 1lb (450g) loaf tin. Bake for one hour and check if the banana bread is cooked through to the middle.