A delicious and refreshing soup easily made with a few simple cooking alternatives. 2-3 syns depending on how many servings – 9 syns for the whole amount.
- 400g butternut squash slices
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (in 800-900ml of hot water)
- 200ml reduced fat coconut milk
- Small bunch of washed and finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 drops Lemongrass Spice Drops®
- 2-3 drops Black Pepper Spice Drops®
- In a big pot, place the butternut squash and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover and allow to simmer on a low to medium heat until the squash is tender enough to mash with a fork. This shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes or until it stops bubbling. Add the coconut milk, freshly chopped coriander, the Lemongrass Spice Drops® and Black Pepper Spice Drops®.
- With the use of a hand blender or any other blender, (please make sure your soup is cool enough to blend without scalding yourself) whizz until smooth.
- Serve hot with brown bread from the HEXB allowance.
Save yourself the Syns and replace coconut milk with a generous dollop of Syn Free Quark to add to the creaminess. For a Thai Style Noodle Stir Fry – Fry off all your favourite speed foods, some lean chicken, add some boiled syn free noodles, pour over the remaining soup and mix well.