There are many benefits of using spices in the kitchen. Whether you want to improve the taste of your meals or get a health boost, spices are a great way to condiment your favorite recipes. What ingredients go well with each spice? What recipes can you make using spices? In this post, we will share with you 7 healthy recipes using natural & flavourful spices. These delicious recipes have been created by our brand influencers. They are perfect for any member of the family, from kids to adults. They are tasty, delicious, and must-add recipes to your meal plan.
Apple Cinnamon and Gingerbread Porridge
Punita’s Apple Cinnamon and Gingerbread Porridge is a delicious way of starting the day. Make it vegan-friendly by using soy, coconut, or cashew milk. It is perfect for a filling breakfast before work or school.
- 1 small grated red apple
- 1 cup vegan or regular milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 4 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- 1 tbsp cinnamon syrup
- 1 cup oats
- Optional toppings
- Add the apples, water, and gingerbread spice to a pot.
- Cook on low heat until the apple starts to soften.
- Add the milk and oats bring to a boil then simmer on low heat until it reaches your preferred consistency. Add a little extra milk towards the end.
- Lastly, add the cinnamon spice drops.
Potato and Spinach Soup
- 3-inch ginger grated
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 leek chopped
- 3 small potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1.5 pints stock
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Handful parsley
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 -2 drops of Lemongrass Spice Drops®
- Fry the ginger, garlic, mustard seeds and leek in a heavy-bottomed pan in 1tbs coconut oil.
- Once it is fragrant and soft, add potatoes, peas, and stock. Simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove from heat and add spinach, coconut milk, parsley, and black pepper. Blend it.
- Add drops of lemongrass spices and stir with a spoon. Serve and enjoy!
The Kleen Kitchen has made delicious vegan fritters using our Tikka Masala Spice Drops®. In this meal, there are three fritters made with different ingredients to make a very flavourful meal. These fritters are made using a very healthy recipe that will blow your mind. Check out the ingredients you need to make these delicious vegan fritters.
- 5 tbsp gram flour
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Vegan feta cheese
- Red spring onions
- Cavero Nero
- Fresh parsley
- Vegan gouda cheese
- Roasted squash
- Nutritional yeast
- Chilli flakes
- Tikka Masala Spice Drops®
- Make a base using 5tbs gram flour, ½ cup filtered water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. This mixture makes 5 fritters.
- Add the base to the following mixes:
- Cooked beetroot cubes, vegan feta cheese, red spring onions, and Tikka Masala Spice Drops®. This mix makes the first fritter.
- Cavero Nero, spinach, fresh parsley, and gouda grated cheese. This mix makes the second fritter.
- Fresh sweetcorn, roasted squash, nutritional yeast, chili flakes, spring onions, and fresh parsley. This mix makes the third fritter.
- Fry the mixes in a pan with little oil. If you would like a thin fritter, add more water into the mix. If you would like a thick fritter place 2 heaped tablespoons of mixture in a scone cutter. Enjoy!
Vegan Mac & Cheese
This Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe from Punita is perfect for kids. It is a healthy recipe to make delicious mac and cheese. It is quick and easy to make. It is perfect for kids or adults.
- Curry leaves
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- Cumin Spice Drops®
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Stir fry a few curry leaves, some garlic, and ginger.
- Add 1 carrot and 1 small potato both finely cubed.
- After 5 minutes, add cumin spice drops, turmeric, and salt.
- Once the potato is nearly cooked, add the cooked pasta and finely grated cheddar.
Courgette and Pistachio Muffins
Why not bake something sweet? Muffins do not need to be unhealthy. Punita has prepared a delicious and healthy recipe to make courgette and pistachio muffins. Let’s find out how to make them!
- 160g flour
- 5 tbsp of roasted pistachios
- 2 & ½ tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegan egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Spice Drops®
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Spice Drops®
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 courgette.
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 160mls vegan milk
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven at gas mark 6 and line/grease a muffin tray.
- In a small jug combine the milk and vinegar, and let it rest for 5 minutes to make buttermilk.
- In a bowl add the melted butter and syrup. Stir until combined, add the vegan eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom Spice Drops®.
- Combine the buttermilk into the bowl and set the mixture aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, ground spices, salt, baking powder, and bicarbonate soda. Mix well.
- Now pour the wet mixture into the dry, stir slowly until it is combined. Then add the courgettes. They need to be grated and have all water squeezed out.
- Include the white choc and pistachios leaving some to sprinkle on top after. There will be a few lumps which are fine.
- Put equal amounts of the mixture in the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, check that the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Enjoy!
Oat, Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Need a tasty and energy-filled breakfast? Priya made delicious oat, banana, and chocolate chip pancakes to start the day strong. This healthy recipe is perfect for adults and kids who want to start the day with flavor-filled vegan pancakes.
- 160g flour
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 vegan or regular egg
- Soy, coconut, or cashew milk
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 4 drops Vanilla Spice Drops®
- 2 drop Cinnamon Spice Drops®
- Handful choc chips
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat up a pan & drizzle a small amount of oil.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the heated pan.
- Flip once you see bubbles forming and cook until golden.
Raspberry and Coconut Bliss Balls
- 50g cashew nuts
- 30g desiccated almond
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 40g fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 drops of Vanilla Spice Drops®
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp dried raspberries or powder
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined. Coat the bliss balls with desiccated coconut or powder.
Transform your recipes with Spice Drops
Holy Lama Spice Drops® offers a variety of collections to spice up your recipes. Are you looking for the best spices to bake a delicious new recipe? Try out our baking spices collection. It contains cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and rose to spice up your next homemade cake. We also offer a curry spices collection to make tasty curry recipes using cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala. To check our full range of collections, visit our website.