Cinnamon Rolls With Vanilla Icing
TOTAL PREP TIME: 30 MINS
A delicious roll with the robust and sweet flavours of cinnamon and vanilla, served commonly in Northern Europe and North America. A lovely start to the day as breakfast or mid-afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of tea.
- 1 roll of puff pastry
For the filling:
- 40 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g soft Demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting
- 8 drops Cinnamon Spice Drops®
For the icing:
- 100 g cream cheese, softened
- 100 g icing sugar
- 6 drops Vanilla Spice Drops®
- In a small bowl, place the sugar, Cinnamon Spice Drops® and butter and mix well.
- Open out the chilled pastry on a flat surface and spread the filling on the pastry, evenly.
- Start rolling up the pastry from the two short sides, simultaneously, until they meet in the middle, like a scroll.
- Cut the roll into 16 slices. Pinch the ‘v’ part of the cut pieces to given them a heart shape. Tip: to get 16 even slices cut in half, then in half again (4) and each piece in half again (8) and each piece in half again (16).
- Place onto baking tray lined with baking parchment, silicone mat (or lightly greased if you have neither). Bake at 220ºC for 20 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden brown. Allow to cool.
- For the icing: Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar and Vanilla Spice Drops® and beat until smooth.
- Using a piping bag squeeze the icing over the heart shaped buns to taste.
- Dust with a light sprinkling of cocoa powder.
RECIPES THAT ALSO USE CINNAMON, VANILLA
- Traditional Gingerbread Loaf
- Pumpkin Spice Candles and CAKE
- Spicy Gingerbread with Limoncello Icing and a Giveaway
- Comforting Cardamom Spiced Porridge
- Sticky Banana Ginger Cake
- Carrot Cake Flapjacks
- Pistachio Biscuits with Rose and Almonds
- Mulled Wine apple cake
- Ricotta cake with Grana Padano
- Spiced Rum Easter Chocolate Cakes